Dangit, I am failing

Been struggling with sleep the last few days, and in a last ditch effort to get more rest than I did, I took more of my benzos.

Not a big jump, but I went in the wrong direction

Took ~2mg instead of 1.2mg earlier

Didn’t get any additional sleep. :frowning:

So I am still sleep deprived and now I screwed up my road to sobriety. A higher dose I consider a relapse since it’s too dangerous to kick these cold turkey. I just might try to actually do that though since the doses I have been taking are rather low. If it means not sleeping for a week in order to never take them again, I will do that.

A drug is definitely one of the worst drugs ever if it has taken me over a year to taper off of it and I still can’t kick them

I feel like a collosal failure right now. I had been on 1.2mg for 5 days, after lowering from ~1.5-1.6. First few days I had amazing sleep.

Then I slipped up. Sigh. This is a little frustrating. And by a little, I mean a lot, and I just feel powerless. Not a good feeling.

3 Likes

You are NOT failing! :purple_heart: You had one hiccup in a many good days of recovery. It’s hard to make good decisions when you are sleep deprived. Of course our addict inside us does not play fair. It takes advantage of that muddle headedness. If you feel like you have to reset to be fully honest with yourself, that’s commendable but you are NOT failing. :purple_heart:

Well, you’re failing at playing doctor. If you want medical assistance detoxing, then go to a medical professional or a detox facility. I detoxed myself without meds more than once and I suck at it, too. The good news is, I don’t have to worry about that any more, and if it can happen for me, it can happen for you.

1 Like

Maybe try something natural to help with your sleep, chamomile tea, sleepy tea or some melatonin? Might try a 12step program to help with the prescription drugs, what i found out the hard way just because a doctor prescribes me the medication doesnt mean they’re going to help me.

1 Like

Thanks, I will bring this up to my psych next visit. I definitely need assistance to finish tapering off of it

1 Like