Dating adverts

No, I haven’t looked up that, but I suppose there are many things that look like genitalia :thinking:

Thought you said Necrophilia at first :joy: That hasn’t popped up for me yet…

1 Like

Well it may now since you typed it :eyes::joy:

1 Like

me thinks you protest to much. So what if you are into exotics

1 Like

So the app uses Google’s ads and Google pretty much knows what you’re into by looking at things that you search for and then uses some crazy algorithms to match that to ads. It’s not like I decide that user #1 should see ads for jumping castles.

It’s all tied together by using your Advertising ID: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6048248?hl=en

4 Likes

All rehab centers for me or becoming a substance abuse counselor.

Thanks for the clarification @Robin

BUSTED :joy: :smirk:

4 Likes

My ads are pretty innocent…

Yes- you use your phone to log onto SoberTime but desktop for anything dodgy :wink: Robins already confirmed it’s from our google searches so you’re sensible and don’t do dodgy searches on google :joy:

1 Like

Super busted!:joy::joy:

2 Likes

I recently deleted my Facebook app that’s why I got that advertisement.

1 Like

I’ve just paid £5.99

Worth it- as this app has helped a lot. And won’t get prompted with dating sites haha :joy:

Today is the day that everyone buys a membership :joy::joy:

1 Like

What!!! I had no idea… totally buying the app right now!

How do you become a Patron?

Worth it 100% with how this website has helped, bargin. I’ve paid more for a language translator which I’ve used 0 times. Use this daily a number of times

1 Like

Done! :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings: no more ads for me. Perhaps it will cut down on how many errors and app crashes I experience.

1 Like

I don’t get any but I’m on IPhone. I can recommend :stuck_out_tongue:

Tbh most apps push it in your face. At least this isn’t focused on money making, it’s for helping people and it shows. I’ve been a member on here a year (I think) and never been prompted to spend money- that is what’s brilliant, happy to now though

1 Like

Agree :sunglasses: Thankyou for your support throughout btw

1 Like