Day 1 - Accountability Parter

Welcome. I am glad you are here, and hope you will stay.

Why limit yourself to a single accountability partner? You have access to tens of tens here, any and all willing to whom you can account, and seek support.

I’ve been visiting here for 961 days. I have also been sober for 961 days. I don’t think this coincidental.

If you feel the need, PM me. You can do this.

3 Likes

I was always in denial with my alcohol. Just lost my marriage of 6 years to it. I’d play the game too. Go a month or so with no problems then I’d have 1 or 2 beers after work. This was maybe twice a week. Then 4 times a week. Then atleast 1 beer everyday. Then some nights I get so drunk that I’d have to call off work. Wife eventually was sick of it and called it quits 8 days ago. Since then I have been… 8 days sober :confused: not a big fleet considering ive quit before, but this time I have to do it right and hit that 1 year and beyond. This place will not only help me with this, but now I have a better understanding of whats been wrong with me all these years.

2 Likes

Doing good sir?

1 Like

@TheScotsman yes, im doing… ok. I was cleaning out the fridge today and found a full bottle of my wife’s balieys. My brain told me to take a sip, no one would ever know. I thought about it for a second, knowing this is always how it starts. One sip and the bottle is gone even though I can’t stand balieys. So im still on day 5 of being sober. My brain still won’t stfu about the full bottle. But as long as that bottle doesn’t touch my lips im good.

3 Likes

I know that exact feeling dude, I went to the shop earlier to get mints and chewing gum and I clocked the alcohol section. My Mouth actually watered as if it was a juicy burger. But never caved in. Still going strong. Almost completed day 6. Will be on day 7 in 8 hours

3 Likes

We can lie to everyone else but we can’t lie to ourselves. Im glad to see you doing well! Im around if you need to talk.

2 Likes

Omg, can you imagine how sick youd be?!? :face_vomiting:

@anon79808082 no matter what or how much I drank I never got sick and never got hangovers. The only negative was my anxiety/ panic attacks and ptsd were bad the next day. I was an extremely functioning alcoholic. Which is why it was so hard for me to see that I had a problem and I needed to get better.

1 Like

I’m completely opposite, lol. I’m glad you’re here…!

Dude I was like that… a true professional alcoholic, no noticable hangovers and i always kept what i drank. Of course now that im sober i realise that i always just felt like shit Haha.

1 Like