Day 1...again, but for good

I’m new here and I want my life back so signing up here was a huge step for me. I’m on day 1 of full sobriety from alcohol (which I was drinking about a 12 pack a day for the last month or so) I noticed my usage has only gotten worse since becoming a stay at home mom. So I put myself back into the work force and taking steps to completely quit this behavior. I hope my symptoms are mild over the course of the next 72 hours :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

51 Likes

Welcome Ashlie!
If you want it you got it, stay strong, come here to talk, share or just read as often as you need it. We’re all in this together :v:t2:

4 Likes

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:. You will find plenty of helpful people here. Best wishes to you

1 Like

Welcome here,
This app has helped me to get rid of my alcohol addiction. Still addicted but no longer using it :hugs:
The side effects for me in the first weeks of my recovery were:

Sweats
Bad sleeping
Irritated and angry :hugs:
Restless
Craving for a drink
Tired

I may have forgot some :sunglasses:
But it’s doable!
You can do it too!!
You deserve it too! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Hello, welcome.
As you say, alcohol usage always get worse…, but being here is a step forward. Being here is for getting better and enjoy the path of sobriety.

Good luck, happy twenty four hours!

1 Like

Welcome and I hope you will reach more sober days

Welcome! There’s alot of good support here. Hang in there!

1 Like

Welcome to the app. Thanks for honesty and I admire your resolve. I have to reset today. I can’t seem to reach a good week or five days before I fall again. I’m determined and I won’t give up. I’m learning from each lapse and become stronger with knowledge to defeat my cravings next time. Don’t ever give up🦋

1 Like

Welcome. Reach out if you need help

1 Like

Welcome I am so glad you are here.
There is a daily check in thread that is useful to help stay accountable and to get support if things start going sideways. I will link it for you incase you’d like to check it out.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

3 Likes

:v:t2:

10 Likes

I like that, lol. Just keep trying just like a kid learning to ride a bike. We’re gonna beat this! We will be successful.

1 Like

Everyday , all we gotta worry about is being sober today, the 12 step program helps me live one day at a time, I’m approaching 6 months sober but Im aware that I can relapse so I do everything for my recovery like A.A meetings and sponsoring other addicts , talking to others in recovery. Understanding my addiction helps me to know that healthy coping skills will allow me to overcome this chronic disease in wich there is no cure for. SOBRIETY SUCKS BUT RECOVERY DOSENT.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! The past two nights I have gotten the best sleep of my entire life. Waking up feeling refreshed and not hungover or foggy! We got this!

12 Likes

I’m new, and on day 1 from alcohol and terrified

11 Likes

Hi Tess, welcome here !
Change is often frightening… but it generally brings a lot of good things. Focus on the positive it brings.
Feel free to ask anything here, it’s a safe zone full of people who are/were in the same frightening place.

3 Likes

One day, hour, or minute at a time. You got this !!

3 Likes

Thankyou so much, shaking and cold, can’t eat, but determined

4 Likes

I spent years scared to stop drinking. Fear is often the worst part. Our imagination can be much worse than reality. Let your mind lead the way, believe you can stop and you will. :pray:t3::muscle:t3:

7 Likes

Day 2, feel awful, wish it would pass,

5 Likes