Day 1… again

Here I am trying day 1 again. I’m so physically ill it makes me want to just have another drink. But that leads to a binge. My hands don’t stop shaking, I can’t stop throwing up. I’m just miserable and want to get through this :frowning:

8 Likes

Please go see a doctor! And drink water. Go and see a doctor!

5 Likes

You may need to go to urgent care or even the ER. Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal. Please be careful! You’re in my thoughts!

4 Likes

Hi love, I’m sorry what you are going through it’s going to be about a week for me. But I know thatit’s that first day that is very very very scary and dangerous. All of the anxiety, the depression, the maybe just one more just so it can stop my shaking. Yup I can 1000% relate and so can everyone here. This community has really helped me this week. All the feedback and positive things you recieve from complete strangers is really a breath of fresh air. It makes me feel like I’m not the only one and what I’m experiencing is only temporary and things can get better. Praying for you. The only thing that helped me not reach for that bottle is hating all of those feelings that one gets when withdrawing. All the scary nightmares (if you can even fall asleep) the constant leg shaking syndrome (anxiety) the why can’t I just be her and be normal (depression) and well you get the point. Stay strong my friend I’m glad you posted I know it took me a while to post before I was a lurker on this forum but actually being active on it really really helps.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you joined TS. Lots of support here. First things first, based on your physical symptoms you need some medical help with the detox. Please head to the doc or ER. Getting that help will tee you up for a much stronger recovery. You are not alone.

3 Likes

Definitely I would head to the ER. They will take good care of you so that you can start your journey but first you have to be able to physically do that. And yes detox can be very dangerous. I know this first hand from many times going through it myself. And don’t worry about them judging you for coming in. Many of the staff are very likely connected personally in some way with someone in the same situation and they will have alot of compassion for you. Sending lots if Hope your way !

1 Like