Day 1 Again :(

I don’t want to drink anymore, need positive vibes

13 Likes

Welcome back Rebecca
Are you attending any meetings or actively doing something to help with your recovery. This is a horrible disease and i am sending you positive vibes to help you conquer this demon.
Stick around here - some great support and amazing advice
Sending strength :muscle: :heart:

6 Likes

Hi Rebecca, don’t be too hard on yourself. I think of sobriety as being like when you are trying to tip over a soda machine you have to rocket it back-and-forth a few times before it finally goes over. This is my third attempt and for me I find that whenever I’m triggering I go outside and go for a walk. Before you know it the thought will be gone and you will make it another day. Best of luck to you you can do it!

5 Likes

Don’t worry about starting again. By being here and by acknowledging the issue you are making positive changes :blush:
Today is a new day. Don’t dwell on yesterday. Focus on today. Focus on things that make you feel healthy and happy. Go for a walk. Watch a feel good film with some good food. Try something new maybe, like sign up to a class, painting class, hiking group, anything really.

And remember that you are not alone in this.

Sending you lots and lots of virtual positivity from London :hugs::hugs::hugs: You can and you will do this :muscle:

Have a great day! :sunflower:

6 Likes

Welcome back!
Make a plan how do stay sober would be my advice. I do not know what you’ve done so far?
Just try to quit is not enough. I know it’s hard to break the circle of drinking. But it’s douable. But it needs work.

For me the most important things I did where:

• Get all alcohol out of the house
  • Avoid alcohol related events, people and places for the first 3 months of my recovery
  • Tell the people close by I do not drink and ask them to support me and do not offer me drinks
  • Read recovery books and listenen to recovery podcast to stay motivated and get tips.
  • Be here every day to stay focussed and learn about addiction and how to beat it. Also because I need people around me who understand what addiction is.
  • Tried almost every tip I read here. Be openminded! I kept the ones that worked and trowed away who didn’t.
  • Focus on today and today only, babysteps!
    Your goal is going to bed sober.
    Repeat tomorrow :wink:

So stick around!
I saw you where active in june 2022, then it was silenced.
Don’t be a stranger, addiction grows in isolation.
Be a part of this community and start to collect the things that work for you.
I have collect many things that helps me in my recovery. I call it my sober plan. It took time to collect those and I still find new things that help! Sober for years now.
Find your own, start right now! :facepunch:

You can do it, I know you can.

7 Likes

Welcome back! What are you doing this time to stay sobet?

3 Likes

Currently looking for local support groups!

3 Likes

I got this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping my mind occupied with work/kids/cleaning the house, basically trying to stay as busy as I can. Neeed to hobbies to get into

2 Likes

Thank you! This support app has really helped me

4 Likes

I know how you feel but you only fail when you don’t get back up again.

5 Likes

That is, or at least for me, part of recovery. The other part was fixing the “why I drank”. Have you thought about doing anything to address that?

3 Likes

I too, just completed day 1 again. This time, i think I’m more ready for success. My 1st attempt was kind of accidental…I really wasn’t ready to quit but just to take a break after a really tough drinkfest! Now, I think I’m just ready to give it up entirely. Good luck to you! I feel like i learned something from my relapse and perhaps you did too!

3 Likes