Day 1..again

I am so frustrated with myself. Every morning, I am enthusiastic about not drinking today. As I currently type, hands shaking, heart racing (from my consumption of around 18 beers last night), I say this is my day! I drink my coffee, plan on getting a decent lunch, make a mental list of what I am going to accomplish (cut grass, take the dogs to the dog park, clean etc. I have off the weekends, so I have a lot of free time. I feel very confident, but that all seems to fade away around noon, passing various stores that sell alcohol, forgetting my lunch and my plans and I give in to my addiction. I quit last Easter for about eight months. I wish I could remember how I did it…I just quit. I felt wonderful after about a week. Anyways, I am rambling on. I am going to try yet again today. Everyone have a good day.

I admire you for having the courage to own your slip up. Don’t beat yourself up. You know what you have to do and you’ve done it before by going eight months. I currently have 13 days ( the longest i went was 3 months about 5 years ago) I just went cold turkey and I an committed to beating that. Just take things one day at a time. Much like you, I have weekends off so not drinking during the week is easier for me as well. I’ve just been trying to stay busy and drinking water/soda water. You CAN do this. It is possible. Best wishes on your journey. We ALL got your back!

1 Like

oh nooooo!!!its okk…this time,u will be stronger

1 Like

https://youtu.be/tziqpdbpriY

3 Likes

Thank you so much, and congrats on your 13 days! I know that I need to be on this forum a good bit to keep my determination up. I am going to drink some body armour, water and tea today. NO ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I hope so! I love the feeling of being sober. But I also like the euphoria of how alcohol makes me feel (while it lasts). I have a choice, and I want to be sober today. One day at a time (or more like one hour).

Wow. @Shattered_dreams listening to this now. Very motivational. Brought me to tears.:ok_hand: