Day 1, again 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hi everyone! I just recently joined, although I’ve probably had at least 30 day ones before today.
I got divorced 2.5 years ago after a 17 year relationship. My drinking got completely out of hand since then, I’m pretty sure I’ve spent the majority of that time either drunk or hungover - not good for my 3 kiddos. Especially given how depressed alcohol makes me- literally suicidal :cry:
Somehow I’ve managed to keep my business going and pay the bills, look after my kids. But all my relationships have failed and I’ve lost a lot of friends given my dickhead drunkenness.
Anyways, I’ve a lot to be thankful for, I’m going to try and give sobriety a go again - I know it’s loneliness that drives me to the bottle every night sitting on the couch.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say- you guys rock! Congratulations on your sober days, I’ll keep reading and find inspiration through you :hugs:

16 Likes

17 years is a long time. Sounds like a good time to rediscover who you are again, not quite a mid life crisis, more like a mid life reawakening. Putting the plug in the jug is only a fraction of sobriety, the mental game and learning to live without the crutch is the real work.

Welcome to the fold, hope to see ya around a lot.

10 Likes

It’s exciting, giving yourself the space to try new things. Time to build a life you don’t want to drink your way through. Might take some time to figure out what that looks like.

Do something bold… Sign up for a class. Attend a Meetup. Get yourself out there. People do it all the time, what’s the worst that can happen?

5 Likes

Hello and welcome
You’ll find amazing people here and a lot of good advice. The best one in my opinion is to go to a meeting !

If it’s loneliness than a meeting will help for sure, in my case everyone was very forthcoming and it made a big difference. Everyone understands where I was coming from and it’s such a relief.
The company is priceless and the program obviously works. So …

Good luck and stick arround, miracles do happen.
I am 50 days sober and me and my life is getting better every day with the help of AA and people here

5 Likes

For me the opposite i got divorced after 15 years married and a couple weeks later i stopped drinking went to AA and havnt looked back wish you well

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I almost went to AA tonight, but I couldn’t. In time x

2 Likes

AA was scary my first time too. But it is worth it. Go a little early to introduce yourself.
Welcome to the forum. Glad you made the decision to get sober. There is nothing else like it.

3 Likes

Just imagine what you’ll be able to achieve with permanent sobriety! Everything can only get better-business, family and friendships!! Welcome back! You know you want it, so go after it! You’re so worth it! :muscle:

2 Likes

I so much relate to your story. Also divorced with a kid, on Day 1 again. But somehow managing to cope with daily challenges. Forester96 is right- think what we will be able to achieve when sober? I Just can’t wait to see it :heartpulse:

2 Likes

And… day 1 again! Been drunk for 4 consecutive days. Gosh, I need help :broken_heart::cold_sweat:

How are you doing, Angie?