Day 1. Again 😅

Well here i am again at day 1. Thought i could have a few beers and watch football. Well needless to say I got blackout drunk and now feel like ik gonna die. Ugh cant keep doing this.

1 Like

What’s your plan?

Ugh cant keep doing this.

You’d be surprised, as was I, at the ability of an alcoholic to keep punishing oneself. Without a plan to break the cycle, we are doomed to repeat ourselves

8 Likes

Sure you can. You can keep finding justifications like “my team won/lost”, or “my boss is an ass”, or “traffic was bad”, or a whole host of hooks upon which you hang your drinking. You can keep right on doing this, and then paying the price, right up until you hit bottom, which for some is death.

I know. Mine was “I’m a veteran who served in combat. I EARNED my right to get drunk”.

Or you can decide to be better, and then be better. Better begins with saying “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink and saying “no” to the hardest person to say “no” to…yourself.

6 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they will help wish you well

3 Likes

You’re going to keep doing this without a significant step away. You can’t change that fact alone, by yourself. That is the nature of addiction.

2 Likes

Yup. Im pushin day two off meth. The bullshit we tell ourselves to let us use! Why dont we tell ourselves reasons not to? Pick yourself up pal, keep being honest and using the app everyday.

1 Like

You don’t have to feel like this ever again. Keep reading on here, keep reminding yourself how shitty and defeated you feel right now. You can be free from this personal hell.

2 Likes

It’s really easy, I know it all too well, to swear off drinking ever again when you’re hung over. The problem is when you feel better again. How will you remember not to take that first sip.

That’s a lesson it’s been hard for me to learn. That’s why programs like AA build connections. Would you get blackout drunk around people that didn’t share that value? If you had people counting on you? TS is great but real life is better.

8 Likes

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

2 Likes

My excuse was my birthday yesterday. I’ve always got some kind of mind fok to tell myself before I use. I’m gonna beat this thing watch. I can feel it.