Day 1..... again

Here I am. Again at day 1. I was doing so well and then I wasn’t. BUT I’m back and so glad to be here :slight_smile: a week of binging wine every night has left me feeling so shit. Emotionally and physically. I’m sure my face is so puffy my eyes don’t open fully…wouldn’t know, can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. Day 1 and I have reset my counter, will start reading some quit lit , pick up my journal and surround myself with sobriety. The last week was like a big speed bump in my journey. Blackouts each night and no routine. Keen to start feeling good again…bring it on!!

16 Likes

Welcome back girl :purple_heart: its rough… i can relate so well to having to come back, reseting the timer, and starting over. Glad ur back on track.

3 Likes

Thanks chick :kissing_heart: how are you doing??

1 Like

Every end is a new beginning :pray: great you here and sharing.
Go persue your happiness and i will send you some good vibes :innocent::pray:

1 Like

Thank you :blush: :pray:

1 Like

Ummm alright I guess. Honestly I feel sort of stuck with this recovery thing. I want recovery yet I screw up more often than I’d like. Just trying to learn from my mistakes

3 Likes

There’s always time for one more try, never stop believing. :v:

1 Like

Yup same here! But we are still here trying and that’s the main thing :wink:

3 Likes

Hi pal. I am glad you are back.
Can I ask ya what you thought would be different this time?

1 Like

Ouch, that sucks. I hated that feeling. God, I was so incredibly sick of myself and my shit and my inability to string together sober days. Literally I just wanted to die.

Sounds like you are making some new wise choices. I found reading a lot of threads and interacting here was very helpful for me…gave me a place to turn to when I needed it…that and a hell of a lot of sleeoing, reading and exercise…plus sweets. :heart:

1 Like

I hear ya. I am on day 7 after hitting 120 days. I was mad, disappointed, etc… not telling you anything. The hardest part is getting right back at it and you have done that.

We have a 6 months of sobriety virtual party planned. You are more than welcome to join in the countdown.

4 Likes

I’m back at day one after 11 days sober…It was my 32nd birthday this past Saturday and I honestly had fun and remember the night and woke up with no regrest… no apologies to be said to anyone because I had no blackout…so I’m back at day 1 after feeling guilty…I’d been to several events during those 11 days and did not drink one drop…But I know I will be fine…just needed to tell someone…anyone of this guilt I feel…I almost wanna hide it from my AA group even tho I know they’d understand…

2 Likes

Yup! You only fail when you stop trying :two_hearts:

1 Like

glowstix??? is that bc when you finally snap it’s when you shine your brightest.

Hey! I actually don’t know! It was weird…I thought I was so strong and doing so well, then I got asked the question…”do you want a drink?” Then the wheels started to wobble then came off. My heart was saying nooooo don’t do it!! But my wine witch brain was like “you deserve it…you’ve done so well”…it was such a battle… I woke up the next day and it was like I’d opened the flood gates…every night I was like Yup! Let’s start again tomorrow… until a week had gone past and I was feeling like utter shit. So made the decision and stuck with it. I know may be more speed bumps, but I’m really hoping to get my 30 days, then get another 30!

2 Likes

That’s my plan too!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh wow that’s awesome! Good on you. Such a bumpy road at first huh :blush: that sounds awesome! Would love to join

1 Like

Happy birthday! :birthday: you are back and that’s all that matters!! X

Good plan!
Yeah, it’s such a hard cycle to break. Something as simple as “do you want a drink?” Can throw us all off.
Just keep coming back and you will be alright pal

1 Like

Day 1 again for me too. Stay strong!

2 Likes