Day 1 bye bye alcohol

Day 1. This is gonna be fun.

10 Likes

Hi, welcome

What’s your game plan?

Download audible and listen to The Easy Way to Control Alcohol. Best money you could ever spend. Long story short, alcohol sucks. But it’s everywhere. But nobody has to drink it.

1 Like

I’ve drank for 13 years. I have went two weeks without it before. I know I can quit. So I’m just gonna stop for good.

3 Likes

Are you seeking help or do you think you can just do it on your own? I mean if you made it 2 weeks before but then started drinking again why didn’t you just stay stopped then if it’s so easy? Why did you drink for 13 years in the first place?

1 Like

I can do it alone. I’m a very strong minded person. I want my family back enough to leave it alone. This app/site is pretty cool. It helps reading and understanding what others have went through.

3 Likes

Well keep reading so you can see all the stories of people who thought they could do it alone and couldn’t.

2 Likes

I definitely will. I appreciate you for asking.

We will be around when you want to reach out.

1 Like

Ill back you up on that

Y’all are awesome

Day 2 for me. Just got this app. I think this is gonna be great for support. I’m with ya man!

2 Likes

I appreciate that.

Hi Hawk, you sound like someone that I could agree with pretty easily ! I’m not the “joiner” type either, and I prefer to get a grip on alcohol on my own.
I’m not a big one for friends, it seems that I’m not very good at that sort of thing.
Anyway, if I can offer one suggestion, it would be the books by a bloke named Allen Carr. I found his book on giving up alcohol to have been very helpful. I bought the Kindle version from Amazon, and I don’t think that it cost me 6 euros, so no great cost, that’s for sure.
If you’ll forgive my paraphrasing, the central idea is that going withough alcohol doesn’t mean that you’re depriving yourself of anything, but rather freeing yourself from years of bollocks and lies from alcohol compenies (or cigarettes, or whatever), stupid hollywood movies that glorify alcohol incessantly, and even, regrettably, misguided efforts by well-meaning friends and family.
You can do it, we all can… and it’s nice to have you here.

1 Like

Day 14 for me. Good luck!

Thanks and I agree. I think about it but I have enough self control not to buy it. I quit weed after 13 years now it’s this. I really don’t have an urge to drink at all.

That’s the thing that I liked about the book, if focused very much on that idea of taking even the desire to drink, and replacing it with the recognition that alcohol doesn’t do ANYTHING good for us.
Actually, one of the other lines that I liked, was that the author pointed out that drinking 250 ml of PURE alcohol would kill even a big bloke, whereas drinking 250 ml of pure orange juice, or water, or even Coca Cola wouldn’t do that !!
Anyway, I hope that you’re having a good afternoon / evening, wherever you are. I’m on my last night in Japan, and flying home tomorrow.

2 Likes

Big fan of this book too! I have been inhaling “quit lit” recently. It has been mind blowing. I know when I am involved in the books I don’t even want to drink, my concern is all of the firsts (parties etc) without it. But feeling like this time I can do it.

@Mephistopheles it’s going lovely. I can think clearer. I have alot more energy and money. And I can actually be not paranoid driving meaning I can get the things I really need done accomplished.

Of course you can do it, we all can.
I try to think of it as alcohol being equivalent to gasoline. And who the hell would want to drink THAT?

2 Likes

Truuuuu! That’s funny but true. That’s a great way to think of it