Day 1...For the 3rd Time

I relapsed again after 13 days and drank everyday for a month. I have an interview for a job that I really want today and I know how important it is for me to stay sober to be successful in my career, so I’m back.

My plan is to start my day praying and reading the daily reflection from the AA book. I will also post on here and start attending meetings again starting Friday. This was my plan before, but I strayed and it took me on a month long bender. I’m going to stick with it this time!

6 Likes

It’s good to see you back again, I’m glad you made it back to us.

Maybe this is something you can come back and read if/when you reach that point again where you feel like easing off of your program? It’s good that you’re reflecting on what happened and taking steps to right it!

5 Likes

talkingsober

Here’s some wise words from someone you might know @Marissaalex22

5 Likes

Also not drinking no matter what. Do what you need to stay physically sober, like going to bed early to end the day. Do what you need to stay mentally sober, and renew your resolve every day. Your plan sounds solid, as you know it’s the execution that counts, not the intention.

I had such good intentions, such a desire to stay sober without doing any work and feeling any discomfort. And when I actually got sober, I had only one goal, to not drink that day. I knew AA helped, and decent nutrition helped, and laying aside anxiety about the future helped, but the goal was always the same, to stay sober until I went to sleep.

Blessings on your house :pray:.

6 Likes

I had to really immerse myself in sobriety. I worked a bunch of extra hours at work, listened to the Recovery Elevator podcast in my car and at home, got some books about sobriety, made a new evening routine of drinking hot tea and reading before bed. Started exercising more, painting, and avoiding everything social.
Use your new job as motivation. Do you want to be hungover and smell like booze at the interview? Or on your first day? No.

1 Like

Good luck. How did the interview go?

1 Like