Day 1. Giving help a real try

I’m 28. I’ve been struggling for 5 years. I want a stable life. I hate where I’m at now. I’m still young enough to turn around and I’m ashamed of the things I’ve done. I had a great career and was going places but now I feel like I ruined a lot and my life is stagnant. I’m hoping this will help me. Happy to meet others trying to reach the same goal :heart:

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tee. I never tried to get help becoming sober before and I always failed. This place has been the support I needed to keep me sober. There’s a lot of good reading material on here and some very helpful people. Join in the conversations when you feel ready.
Good luck on your new sober journey. We are all worth it. And deserve the happiness sobriety can bring us.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome :blush: You are making steps in a positive direction, and I promise you that any effort you put towards getting and staying sober will be worth it.

2 Likes

Way to go by coming here. I needed help and acceptance to really make any + change. So glad you’re here and please stick around. Oh, to forgive ourselves, as I see it, means we accept we cannot change the past. Holding onto shame, sadness, blame and anger gets us nowhere for us and our future.

4 Likes

Welcome Tee Definitly you have found the right spot ! Kudos man for really wanting better for yourself thats where it all starts glad your here with us :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome here! 🙋
Recognize you have a problem is a very important step in recovery. Hard to make and you just did so! :facepunch:
So congratulations with that!!

3 Likes

Thank you all! I really appreciate the Welcome​:heart: I was tempted to get some wine today. That’s been my poison of choice lately thinking I could control it and I usually end up drinking 2 full bottles. but I got a kombucha instead and took a few sips. I’m determined to stay focused. For me, my family, and my future.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :heart: