Day 1! Hello all

Hey all. 39 year old married father to two teens, and I’m done acting like I can control my drinking. Once I start, I don’t stop and I’m tired of waking up feeling guilty 3 or more times a week. I’m just done. I quit for all of 2018, and I thought I could “just have one every now and then”. Turns out I was wrong.

Never again.

14 Likes

Hey buddy…glad you’re here. It seems like you’ve woken up to the fact that there’s nothing good in drinking for you…me too. This place has been a huge cornerstone for my sobriety. There is no shortage of wisdom and support here. You can use the search bar up top to look for topics that interest you. What worked for you the last time you got sober?

1 Like

The stuff that worked last time was digging into my health and fitness, keeping a close eye on my headspace, limiting social media and avoiding music that I like drinking to.

So, that’s the plan.

4 Likes

I highly recommend sobriety podcasts, they’ve been a game changer for me. Welcome to the group!

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Do you have any suggestions?

Sure do.

Addiction unlimited, recovery elevator, shair podcast,sober guy Podcast.

I’ve been loving addiction unlimited the most lately.

1 Like

Thanks man. I’m looking forward to making this a permanent change, as well as learning and hopefully contributing in a meaningful way here.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel
I am on day 3 and I just sick and tired of feeling sick guilty and depressed the next morning
I have put on weight
I used to drink every other day cant have one gotta drink the whole bottle
Got bruised knees at the moment from last drunken Thursday in that night called my boss crying have no idea what I said
So I feel embarrassed to the point I didn’t go into work Friday
But just like you I have had enough
I wanna be me I wanna be free fro. Guilt and feel good healthy
I wish you all the luck
Here to chat support
We got this @Coffee_please

2 Likes

@Shell1 Hell yeah, we got this! Thank you for sharing your story and for the support. Let’s do this!

1 Like