Day 1 is easy, next few not so much

Starting over today. And want to stick with it. I think boredom is the problem. Who knows though.

4 Likes

Hi there,
What’s your doc? Mine is alcohol.
It helps me to be here much. I’m here every day to read and check in sober. I’ve also made a sort of sober plan for what to do if I have cravings.
It helps to be prepared.
See you around! 🙋

3 Likes

Maybe this thread will help. Daily Tip for the Struggling Newbie

1 Like

Find something to do. This forum is pretty much 24/7 and there are a few lively threads.
Have a read around there are literally hundreds of topics full of educational information and experience.

1 Like

Get a second job. Boredom is so easy to avoid.

2 Likes

Glad you’re back. Staying busy and being constructive is important for me. Most important for me is support through the rooms of AA. This sober ap is great too, but it wasn’t enough. For weeks, I kept resetting…finally checked myself into treatment. Best decision I ever made. Good luck to you and don’t give up! :hibiscus:

I’m on day 1. This is my first time to try to become sober. I’m worried about the weekend coming up! I’m keeping busy taking care of my house whoich ive been ignoring for so long due to alcohol. You can’t do it and I can too!

2 Likes

I’m Day 2, and I too am worried about the weekend. I too have put off so much stuff related to housework. It’s going to be a productive weekend!

2 Likes

Days 1-4 sucked hard for me. Slowly improving on day 10. Clarity returning, eyes brighter, no headaches, and awake past 8pm. It does get better.

2 Likes

I’m on day three here . Now I keep hearing little voices in my head telling me to binge eat I’m like great :sweat:. I just been practicing mindfulness and telling myself not to do it . I hope it gets easier and it seems like it goes from what people say on here . Good luck to you :two_hearts:. Everyday I don’t wake up hangover feels like a huge relief in the morning :blush:

Yup - my day 3 voices said, “one drink wouldn’t be bad”. I’m learning to just do something when the thoughts start up, anything to break out of it.

1 Like

I’m day one as well. I want everyone to remain honest with themselves. Keep your head up and try, try again.

Welcome @Jen25.
Don’t worry about the weekend. Face each day one day at time.
If you get through today then that’s a victory, and you can keep doing the same. By not worrying about tomorrow or the next day, or next week.
We have a tendency to worry over things and the expectations build to anxiety.
Just treat everyday as a new day to get through.
And yes @18356, is does get better. Take it from me, my first couple of weeks were horrible. If you stick to your decision and remember why you are doing it. All will be ok.
And just tell that voice to do one. You know you’re better than that.

2 Likes