Day #1... motivated to win this battle

Hi… I’m New here… first day fightning against my addiction :’(
It’s been pretty hard to win this battle :frowning:

13 Likes

Welcome Hugo.
Great day for a day one!
Because of this great sober community I got quite a few days under my belt. But that doesn’t really matter. Today is the day that matters the most for me. So I’ll join you today. One day at a time.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.
:pray::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Heeey
Thank u for the words…means a lot to me
Is good to see that we are not alone in this battle :grinning:

4 Likes

We are definitely not alone.
Lots of great people here just trying not to pic up that first drink. Or DOC. That’s the only one that matters. After that? All bets are off.

4 Likes

Welcome! So what things have you been doing to help yourself out?

2 Likes

Hi… thank u :slight_smile:
Actually I’m sober since… today
My first step is this one… search for people with the same problems I have
I live alone, have no friends and my father was my only family but he died a few years ago… so I’m here… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community.
And today is a great place to start well done for taking this step :slightly_smiling_face:
Keeping reaching out and take a good read around.
This community is full of so many supportive people and your fit right in.

2 Likes

Welcome @Hugo just try to take it one day at a time. Check in often. Rest. Dont pick up.

1 Like

One hour at a time…then one day at a time…try to find as much things to do as possible to keep you busy. That has helped me anyways… I’m on day 13

5 Likes

Hi there!!! Welcome aboard!!! I am so happy and thankful that you are here!! We all need each other because for sure THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. And only people that have similar “issues” or backgrounds can understand. I am proud of you for reaching out!! I hope to continue to see you around! Happy Friday My friend.

3 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your first day! This is a great community you are not alone.

2 Likes

Thanks for The support guys :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I feel you 100% brother but it is possible. An addict is ready to change when there ready. I believe in you let me know if I can help you in any way. Much love :v:

2 Likes