Day 1 no salt 2 months no Black & Milds

I’m doing good first day no salt and second month of black & milds trying to kick all the bad habits and live as long as possible. Anything else yall been able to give up since alcohol?

5 Likes

I quit smoking quite a while before I quit drinking.

As far as anything since quitting alcohol, Facebook mostly. I know it’s not a physical addiction, but it really was sucking up a lot of hours of my life, increasing my anxiety and keeping me from being focused on anything. Now I’m reading books again, meditating, and am being more engaged and present than I have been in a long time. I only peep in every 2-3 days now to check up on friends/family and then I’m off again. I’m glad I don’t know exactly how much time I wasted on Facebook.

2 Likes

I quit nicotine and alcohol on the same day. Shortly after gave up caffeine and added sugar.

The sugar is difficult because it’s so ubiquitous, its like you have to go out of your way to avoid it.

2 Likes

I feel you on Facebook social media can be damaging mentally and definitely contribute to anxiety. I have a game i was playing while my license was suspended, but now im going to quit like you said wasted time for sure.

1 Like

I quit cigs before alcohol as well. Used vaping to taper off nicotine, and then quit that a couple years later.

After doing some research I learned that vaping is just as bad as cigs, if not more. Heating up metals and inhaling them is not good at all. I know someone who got a blood test done and there was all kinds or metals and things that his body is still trying to flush out even almost a year later.

I quit caffiene for awhile, and honestly, that was probably the best I ever felt physically and mentally. I kinda wanna go back to that again. But I don’t wanna take on too much at once… right now my #1 focus is not touching alcohol. Even if that means choking on a cig or drinking tea to get that through it.

I haven’t smoked in 5 years… so can’t see that happening, but tea… That is my poison. I’m actually drinking some right now to fix my headache.

I got rid of my person Facebook years ago. I have an account that has like 15 friends I know personally and actually give a shit about that I use to run Facebook ads on (I’m an internet marketer, so running ads is essential for my business) luckily that doesn’t take much of my time. And honestly, if I do get the urge to check the feed, I only have like 15 friends, so I can see like a week worth of posts in like 15 mins. I don’t even get the urge to check really. I login and go straight to ads manager.

I quit all hard drugs once my daughter was born. I used to experiment a lot when I was younger. MDMA, coke, shrooms… but haven’t touched any of that in like the last 8 years.

Let me see what else have I quit… Hmm. I quit putting up with people’s bullshit if that counts. Even as a drunk I quickly realized I had a ton of “friends” in my life who were no longer serving me. I mentioned FB earlier, but I cut a bunch of people off in real life as well. I don’t wanna surround myself with shitty people who are negative anymore.

1 Like