Day 1 of my journey to being sober ☝️

Day one and I’m exhausted and depressed, I dont want to feel like this anymore… I don’t want to feel suicidal everytime I drink… i dont want to say yes to a line when I’m drinking. I dont want to drink anymore…

13 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step

2 Likes

Day one together bro. Let’s do it.

2 Likes

Hi Brianna, welcome! :raising_hand_woman:
You don’t have to drink anymore either! Stick around here, you’ll find lots of information and good people.

4 Likes

Day 1 again for me too…AGAIN…I feel exactly the same way

6 Likes

This guy has two suicidal attempts. After many relpases I found it will always be the same outcome. Each time abstaining, I would get worse the next relapse. Coke took over my life and took everything from me. I’m 7 months sober, it’s possible. I never thought I’d make it, but if you work your recovery, want this bad enough you’ll make it too. Keep sharing, stick around and read. Ask questions. Ppl, places, and things.most importantly welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Hi! Now you can switch it to:
I WANT to feel…
I WANT to say…
I WANT to drink…(I prefer diet Coke… But that’s another thread :wink:)
Change your habits. Change your way of thinking. Change your life.
:heart::heart::heart: Hugs and welcome!

1 Like

Welcome Brianna. I can totally relate. A drink and a line just went together in my world. It became a daily habit for over 5 years. There were many times I said I wanted to stop but never did. I finally had enough almost a year ago and life is good. If I can stop, you can too. We’re all here for you.

4 Likes

Hey Brianna, how’s it going?

1 Like

Welcome! You’ve taken an impressive step in the right direction. Keep coming and maybe look into some different types of meetings.

Welcome. Hope you find your way. I get some good reads here. Lots of support as well.

Welcome, friend. Hope things seem alittle better now. I believe in you!! :two_hearts:

24 Hours Sober is a wonderful first step. 3 months ago I was still knocking back bottles of cough syrup and popping little red pills. Glad to be doing better for my daughter and my fiancee

2 Likes

How are you??? Please reply