Day 1 of recovery

This is my last hope, or try before rehab.
Drinking has gotten out of hand, and have bad cocaine habbit. Don’t want to loose family over this, and is draining my bank account every week. Been on cocaine for roughly 2 years, got bad the last year. Hoping I can kill this habit. Any inspiration, or someone with similar problem can chime in.

2 Likes

Good luck to you! I’ve been bad with buying wine every other day. I buy the cheap stuff but it still adds up. I always drink in my home, never go to bars etc but I need to stop too. I have a son whom we adopted last year and now currently are fostering his half sister. They already have a bmom.does cocaine, drinks etc they don’t need another one. Truth is drinking wine isn’t even enjoyable anymore definitely a sign I need to stop too. Good luck I love this forum it’s so helpful!

1 Like

Good luck to you both. Knowing you need to stop and wanting to stop is already a stage many don’t make it too.

Most of us drink for a reason. To forget, to make the pains of life go away. But when we sober up we still remember and it still hurts.

Sober isn’t easy as it means facing things. But you CAN do it. You are stronger than you think. More resourceful than you imagine.

You have friends on here fighting that same fight. You are not wierd or stupid or weak and you are not alone.

Every day will be a little victory. I promise you that your life can be full of amazing things.

You have given years to drink and drugs and they have given nothing back to you.

Now give some time to being sober and see what you get in return.

Good luck.

4 Likes