DAY 1: Sober Life ☀️

Hi everyone! I decided to get sober. Looking forward to making friends and staying sober for my 2 special needs children. They need a healthy mommy! :pray:t2: Nice to meet you all!!!

19 Likes

Welcome Whitnee
Glad to meet you as well.

Congratulations on Day 1!!!
I would encourage you to read a lot on the site to get familiar with how Talking Sober works.
Good Luck!!!

:four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to this brilliant place . Keep reading and reaching out on here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x good luck x

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! :pray:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve been checking things out. I appreciate the warm welcome and positive vibes. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

2 Likes

@WhitneeB13

These are two threads you may want to take a look at.

#1 - Daily check-in thread
https://talkingsober.com/t/checking-in-daily-to-maintain-focus-13
#2 - Online meeting resources thread
https://talkingsober.com/t/online-meeting-resources

1 Like

Awesome!!! Thank you!!!:green_heart:

Welcome WhitneeB! :bouquet::grin:

1 Like

Thank so much!!! :blossom::blush::sunny::orange_heart:

1 Like

Hi there!

This place is great, and make sure you come on here to read or speak or ask for help if ever you’re feeling wobbly. You’ll never go unheard :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Welcome Whitnee to our little family :innocent: @GVLNative made a good post above with links to some good threads. I’ll add one more here:
Resources for our recovery

Dive in, read, and learn everything you can. Most important: don’t ever, ever give up, no matter what. You’re a good person, you belong here, you deserve a sober life where you feel good about yourself - and you can have it. Welcome to your sober life!

3 Likes

Hello @WhitneeB13…congratulations ur start to a new life

1 Like

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. :blush:

1 Like

Yay! Whitnee’s here! : )

1 Like

Hi there :grinning: it’s my 1st day too! :wave:

1 Like

Here’s wishing you both all the best on your sober journey. welcome to the greatest bunch of sick individuals your ever likely to meet :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

What an amazing journey you have ahead of you. I wish you peace thru this time and don’t ever hesitate to just vent on this forum, it has helped me in a couple of rough spots and I didn’t want to talk to anybody about it but it needed to be said.
Good luck on your journey, take care, much love from Kenai, Alaska.

1 Like

Nice to meet you
You go girl you got this :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on your decision and on your next chapter. Welcome!