Day 1 Ultimatum

Glad you’re ready to make a change! One day at a time, the best thing I’ve found is when I live one day at a time I treat everyday as an exciting day. It can be easy to want to rush to the next day and have more days sober, but we can’t control the clock. Everyday is a unique blessing in itself. This is day number 6 for me and although I’m looking forward to one week, I can’t get there without living day number 6 to the fullest!

1 Like

We can do this! Feeling excited to have made it this far, before you know it we will be talking about more milestones!

1 Like

2.5 years is amazing well done.

Yes my fiance is very supportive and trying to help me unfortunately my drinking has reached the point of impacting him quite badly and it’s not fair for him to continue with this hence he has given the ultimatum.

He never wanted it to get to this stage. He still loves and cares for me and wants to support me to get through all of this.

But I can’t sit around and say he’s the only reason I’m doing this I’m destroying my life and self in more and more ways the more the drinking escalates. I want to stop feeling this way.

If we did ever break up and I was still drinking like I was I know how bad it would get and how fast.

I’m talking to a therapist currently and talking on here. Mainly therapy to deal with past trauma and mental health issues I was trying to cope with via drink. How did you get through the early days? Hopefully you have made amends with some of those people or some new connections that have helped the last few years :slight_smile:

1 Like

YES!

It took me a while to get to this point, because in the beginning it seems like nothing will be as “fun” as before without drinks…but found it to be the exact opposite.

Fun things are just as fun, if not more :blush: Real laughter, connections, dancing, nice dinners…I failed to see before that drinking was blurring a lot of the good things and enhancing a lot of the bad (and not the other way around!) Now I see every detail of the good (technicolor!) and address the bad much more quickly and productively, with a clear head, calm heart and little anxiety.

I’m happy to be where I am now. :heart:

6 Likes

That’s excellent. I try to instill in those struggling to maintain sobriety that they aren’t giving sobriety a fair chance. For me, the “good stuff” really started to reveal itself between 3-4 months sober. Glad to be on this amazing journey with you.

3 Likes

I feel this one deeply. Going to keep this one in my back pocket.

2 Likes