Day 1 Want a New Me

Hello everyone. I never drank or smoked weed till I met my current boyfriend. We have been together 5 years now. I want to get back the me before we met. I love smoking weed and drinking. I come from a family where there is a history of alcoholic’s and addiction issues. I think I am headed there myself. I want to make a change and be a better me. I’ve tried to quit several times but my boyfriend isn’t very supportive and won’t quit with me. It makes it hard to watch him smoke and not smoke with him. I decided to try this app and see if it helps. I need to quit and get a better life for myself.
Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

This is a great place to find support and encouragement! Check in often. Also, make sure your boyfriend knows this is important to you. If it’s important to you, it should be important to him, too! Glad you’re here!

2 Likes

It does make it hard to watch someone continue doing the things you wish to quit. I’m right there with you. Good for you to know you should quit now before it gets even more out of hand. Sometimes you have to disconnect yourself a bit from that part of your relationship to make it work. Read around here a lot. Theres tons of support. All the best :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to this community. I just have one thing to say this app can only help you as much as your willing to help yourself. Because the only person that can change is you. Post and vent let it all out it helps alot. Take care

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have started leaving the room when he smokes. Out of sight out of mind I hope. It might at least help for the first few days. Tomorrow I plan on getting up early to go on a long run with my dog, help clear my mind some.

3 Likes

I’d turn on a big fan and spray air freshener, lol! JK! I don’t like the smell anyway.:speak_no_evil::smile:

Welcome to the community Christy. You will find some incredible people and support here. Sounds like you need to get a new boyfriend if he’s not going to support your decision to embrace sobriety. Just saying… Also Christy look into attending NA / AA meetings. The support you will find there will be empowering :heart:

1 Like

I wanted to share this with you Christy;
Out of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous page 417, it’s called
“Acceptance Was The Answer.”

When I stop living in the problem and began living in the answer, the problem went away. From that moment on, I have not had a single compulsion to drink.
And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I’m disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation— some fact of my life—unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes. :heart:

1 Like