Day 10 freedom

I’m 27 years old and I have lots of experience with this getting sober stuff. I was in drug court which got me completely sober and happy and I was finally living my life with out drugs. It was amazing until one day everything I had known for the past two years of my life came crashing down on me. Life got to the best of both me and my husband. He snapped and whipped me with a black belt for 4 hours with our kid right in the next room. It was horrible but, I moved out and got an apartment on my own. Still working and completely sober. Until on day I got this thought in my mind I want to drink I could drink and still stay away from what I was doing before. It took about a week for me to finally make up my mind I wanted to use and it went down from there I felt horrible when I took that first drink. Then the drink took me down a quick spiral to the bottom. Where I lost my new apartment and this stupid person I was with wrecked my car lost my kid (thank god dhs wasn’t involved)… then finally I ended up in jail with charges I now how to take care of. I got into a sober living house then after about five days ran out on that and ended up relapsing again… I am back because the people were just to much for me. I know what I am capable of and I don’t wanna end up on the streets. I want my life back before my dumb choices to chase something that I would never attain. Anyways here I am 10 days of sobriety and I’m seeing things in a different light and appreciating what little life I have now! Freedom for today.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I am living with my mom again and trying to reconnect with my baby boy. He is here right now sick and he needs me just as much as I need him.