Day 10. Headaches and nausea?

Hi I was a nightly wine drinker. I just reached 10 days. So proud of that. I felt amazing the first week but days 8, 9 & 10 have been headaches and nausea. Is this normal?
Thanks to you all and happy Friday!

I had phantom hangovers start around that time too. It was so weird to wake up feeling like I drank the night before but didn’t. They went away after a week or so. Apparently it is a normal part of the process. I googled it and found this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.warriorsheart.com/why-am-i-feeling-hungover-after-quitting-alcohol/amp/

Hope you feel better soon. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Wow thanks so much for that I really appreciate your reply! Sounds like what I have. Off for a big breakfast then…
Have a good day!

1 Like

Can exhaustion be a side effect too? I’m day 4 and can barely keep my eyes open/concentrate!

Alcohol withdrawals can have a wide range of symptoms including:

• Whole body: shakiness, sweating, or loss of appetite

• Behavioral: agitation, restlessness, or irritability

• Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting

• Mood: anxiety or nervousness

• Also common: fast heart rate, tremor, disorientation, headache, insomnia, or seizures

Severity of the symptoms depends on how.much and how.long you drank, along with genetics.

Symptoms can begin a few hours to a few days after your last drink and can last for several weeks, where the most intense symptoms usually occur between 3 to 6 days after quitting.

As much as it sucks, just remember, this is the last time you have to go through it.

2 Likes