Day 10 not so easy

Day 10, I can’t sleep and have had on and off migraines since yesterday. Just thinking about all the things I lost due to drinking and feeling very angry at myself. Having mental clarity for once really sucks sometimes, I guess I should cry to let this out.
I knew these kind of feelings were coming after riding out a high of good moods, but I hate it.and to be honest if I would have had a bottle in the house I would have drank. I’m glad I dont.

4 Likes

Good morning @Vane225.
I’m really sorry to hear you’re feeling this way, especially with the migraine on top of it!!
Those feelings really are part of the process… But know that if you hold on to your sobriety they will pass and you will feel a lot better on the other side.
If crying helps go with the flow. Let the emotions out rather than trying to trap them in!
Keep checking in, we’re all here to help you through this.
And you are going to get through this! :muscle:
Better days are on their way for you :rainbow: :sunny:

4 Likes

@Vane225, good morning. This is my day 10 as well. My issue is that I still don’t sleep great, but I’m trying to be patient. We’ve got this!

4 Likes

Yea I haven’t been able to sleep tonight just making the most of this time up and catching up on some writing. I know i will be an exhausted mess at work today

2 Likes

You will mourn your drunk/ party self for a while and the life and so-called friends ,and then at some point you will feel pity for that person. Just know there will always be ups and downs that’s the way real people feel. I feel like we’ve been numb so long we’ve forgotten. At this point I feel like no drink or drug could ever touch the joy of sobriety. My wish for you is your restless soul can find peace and get to the point where you love life again without alcohol. I know you can do this, we all know you can do this!

6 Likes

Thank you i really needed to read this

1 Like

Don’t fold nothing beats waking up with a clear head

2 Likes