Day 13 and tonight is very hard šŸ˜” any comments would be very kind

My emotions are all over the place took my severe anxiety and ptsd medication and itā€™s still such a rough night. Itā€™s like I cannot concentrate I am being diagnosed with bi polar soon so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s playing itā€™s partā€¦sorry I feel like crap guys. Much loveā€¦

8 Likes

So sorry you are feeling bad. If you have taken your meds, then it may sound like blase advice, but it is not meant that way, how about trying a guided meditation on YouTube? Something for calmness, peace, etc? How about a bath? How about putting some music on and cleaning / baking? Watch something on Netflix, preferably something calming or nostalgic?

2 Likes

Just take it a second and a minute at a time. Think how good youā€™ll feel when you wake up tomorrow at 14 days.
Thereā€™s a meditation thread here thst could be helpful to you.
Iā€™ll look for the thread.

2 Likes

Thank you I will check it out appreciate you

1 Like

Good idea got hot 97 radio on helping thank you

1 Like

Much appreciated

1 Like

Hey there, try to stay busy doing things around the house or go to a few online meetings. Keep going strong you got this! :muscle: :pray:

1 Like

I have a bunch of counselling set up and seeing a psychiatrist again soon. I donā€™t know I could sweep the place lol thanks A-maezing

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, I think youā€™re doing amazing. Feeling the way you describe, but so many actions in place to make yourself feel better. You sound courageous and determined. I think your one day at a time will get better every day.

1 Like

I am gonna shower :shower: right now Kristy and I completely understand what your saying. Thanks so much for the words :heart::pray:

1 Like

I stopped watching negative shows also like crimes shows and will put on HGTV sometimes.

1 Like

I refer to that feeling as ā€œsquirrellyā€. It isnā€™t fun. But, as others have said staying busy with anything will help. (It never occurred to me to take a showerā€¦ Iā€™m going to try that).
But if you need someone to talk to Iā€™ll be up for a couple more hours.

2 Likes

Thanks brother :+1:

Iā€™m feeling that too. Hang in there, we got this!!! Always know that even though it seems like it at times that you are not alone. I was diagnosed as bipolar as well as having PTSD over 15 years ago and some days are absolutely overwhelming uuuuugh. Weā€™ve got a strong community here that wants us all to succeed and Iā€™m proud of you for reaching out for support!

2 Likes

Thanks for understanding me Tracy it is hard some days. I feel some donā€™t me at all it is stressful on me. I am doing all the proper things to get help and this helps alot on here :heart::muscle:

1 Like

I get that!!! Having a million thoughts at once and an emotional rollercoaster going on simultaneously along with PTSD and being sober is wellā€¦we are AMAZING multitaskers to sum it up and to say the least!!! :blush: Some days taking the right steps seems pretty weird after being used to dancing along with the wrong steps but itā€™s so empowering to take your life back. Again, I am so proud of you, and everyone else here rocking this!!!

1 Like

Yes it is different but we got this and anyone else with the same feelings :muscle:

1 Like

Just broke down looked at my parents hanging on the wall both died in 2020 dadā€™s pic the Callander says March never noticed hit meā€¦:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: damn I was starting to feel betterā€¦

No apology necessary Eric. We have all felt that way. For me the first few weeks were tough as far as how I felt. Grateful I was in a good rehab center. I just took baby steps every day. I went to every group session,took my psych meds,even bonded with a fellow ā€œinmateā€ for life I now know. I read a book by Ram Dass that changed me,I started meditation practice and I started the process of forgiveness beginning with myself. Hang in there brother. It gets better. When I encounter negative emotions or thoughts or physical discomfort I bring my awareness to my breath. Just sense my breath at my nostrils and follow it as it travels into my lungs and back out through my nostrils. It works for me every time. Keep coming back here. We are in this together. Stay :muscle: strong. We got this. One day at a time!

2 Likes

Thanks brother I am hoping to get all the same things Thurs Iā€™m back with CMHA and doing addiction counselling and many other programs they offer me. I can relate reading has been helpful in other bad situations I was in. Thanks again :muscle::muscle::100::100:

2 Likes