Day 14 but I think I should reset

Emotional weekend. Great trip to the mountains and a long intense hike, but unlike my first sober weekend this one was much harder. I felt angry and resentful that I was going away but couldn’t drink like I usually would on vacation. I was feeling down and over this struggle, and wanting to just say fuck it to this bullshit. Was trying really hard to get back to a positive frame of mind but the emotional roller coaster was in control. My husband was having a beer and when he left the room I took 2 sips. I quickly realized it wasn’t worth it and immediately started beating myself up for ruining 13 days without a drop. I know I need to forgive myself, learn from it, and move on. On the bright side, I was really close to buying wine and I didn’t. I could have easily really slipped up and gotten drunk, so I will hit reset and move forward and be thankful I stopped after 2 sips.

4 Likes

@Serenity412 Great job stopping yourself at 2 sips. It would have been so easy to continue drinking but you didn’t. Don’t beat yourself up. Applaud yourself for choosing to not continue!

No, that was a split second poor decision. I’d say not worth a reset. Keep at it… Sounds like you’re doing well.

1 Like

For what it’s I would reset after any alcohol. Even a couple of sips as otherwise it becomes…if two sips is ok, why not three? Or four?

BUT there’s a difference in how you should feel. A week long bender is bad. A couple of sips is just a little reminder that next time you are in that position you know that no sips is better!

I have had a couple of resets since I started properly to try and sort my problem out, including one recently . But at the moment I don’t look on it as 14 days since a reset, I look at it as 6 days of drinking out of the last 239 days. I don’t want to add to the 6 and I am pleased with the 239 cause my life and health are so much better as a result.

So, that’s my view.

But you have to go with what feels right for you.

But you are here and that on it’s own is a cause for celebration!

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me as well. 1st week I took sips than hated myself. I’m still having trouble getting to 30 days. I want keep trying but stress gets me too. Good luck!