Day 17 AF cravings outta no where

Help! Im getting urges to drink today outta nowhere. The past couple days went by just fine. Help! Distract me.

4 Likes

Hello! So glad you are reaching out before picking up. It is normal to get cravings at day 17. Every day you spend not picking up, it gets a tiny bit easier - or at least you get stronger. What do you do to work on your sobriety? Aa, smart, dharma, therapy? Or something else? Tap into that.

If you want to talk to people irl, go to intherooms! Google it and youll find a lot of meetings there :slight_smile:

I like browsing through different threads here. Meme thread is fun.

What do you like to do to relax?

3 Likes

Hi there, I have cravings too.

What are some of your hobbies and past times? I recently began reading again and am thoroughly enjoying an autobiography about Teddy Roosevelt. How about you?

1 Like

@Jennajen thank you for replying! Sober me planned ahead and i made plans with my niece so no time to drink tonight. I was just thrown off by the strong urges and didnt see much action on these boards

@Bigirishdude i’ve been meaning to get back to reading a book i started. Maybe a bath and a good read will do me good

1 Like

Baths are always nice, especially with a book. What type of reading do you like to do? I get caught up in my non fiction and then get bored and abandon ship lol I heard years ago that if you read a fiction and non fiction simultaneously that it would help you retain both books’ information better

Interesting concept. Im trying to read The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom. Barely started it then got distracted by drinking. Idk why but im dragging my feet on opening it again. Tonight i might. How many days do you have sober?

Heavy read, I have it on my list but never opened it.

What are your thoughts so far?

I made it to page 44. Still learning the characters. Let me get back to you

For sure! I just spoke with my grandma, who has finished it, and we are going to real “all the light you annoy see”