Day 2 all most in the books

On day 2 today . I been lurking on this app for a while decided to finally make an account. I’ve been struggling hard with my drinking . ive been binge drinking 10 years now. About a year ago I had 6 months sober but all it took was for 1 day being stressed out and thought having a drink would be a smart thing to do… But here I am with 2 days no drinking with just so many high hopes and goals for myself but I always fall back into the trap but hoping I can get it together this time for me and my family.

Everythings just so much better with out a drink I don’t know why I keep falling back into the cycle. My son’s 5 now and every time I drink he tells me I don’t like when you drink daddy … Even hearing that from my little boy I still can’t stop. But this times it going to go all in enough living this way . Hope you all have a great sober Tuesday !

8 Likes

Wishing you all the best on your journey. I’m on day one so I have zero advice lol. But I’m hoping for the best for all of us.

4 Likes

Thank you . I’m thinking about AA just not really sure how to find a meeting for me . I’ve been to a site that list places around me and times but I’m not sure how accurate it is. Good luck to you to Diana on your journey.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem with finding AA meetings near me.

@Englishd @C-sun There are some people here who are “experts” on stuff like this.

You definitely need accountability. Seeking help through AA and finding a sponsor. Maybe if you didnt carry around your cards/cash on you. Spouse has access to the funds/account. Then you couldn’t buy it you wanted. That being said, cutting alcohol by going dry cold Turkey is rough. Just trying to go it alone and not use isn’t a long term plan. You need steps and goals. AA is a good start.

Honestly it’s a good idea to call the hotline anyway. They can give you lots of good info

2 Likes

Lots of great info thank you .

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like