Day 2 Complete!

I am a 32 year old mother of two and wife to an amazing husband.I came to the realization the other day (hungover and just finished a bottle of wine) that the past two years there hasn’t been two weeks in a row that I haven’t drank. I have a problem stopping after 1 glass. My health has gone down the drain, I’m constantly tired, and I feel every weekend I’m wasting money and running away from reality in a glass of wine. I chose that night to be an example for my girls, and officially quit. I know that if I continue down this path my health will pay, as well as my relationships with the ones I love.
Day 2 complete….

15 Likes

Welcome @Txgal to an amazing sober community. Thats wonderful youve identified the problem. Now its time to find the tools, a sober toolbox. Everyones toolbox is different but for me i have this community daily, AA meetings, dharma recovery, sparkling waters, fruit infused waters, healthy food, and exercise to name a few.

That first week to two weeks is gonna be hard. You will want to repeat your drinking habits. Find distractions. Reach out to people. Hydrate. Rest.

Glad you found us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! You have found a great place here. I just joined a couple weeks ago myself and am so glad I did. Read around here, there is a lot of great support and NO judgement. Lots of resources, advice, personal stories that will inspire you. There is strength in numbers, you are not alone!

4 Likes

Congrats on day 2 and welcome aboard :blush:
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. Being active on here keeps me sober.

I hope to see you round.
Former Austinite.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Maybe try ameeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome to the TS community! It’s a courageous decision, and great one!

2 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober @Txgal !
Congrats on your days sober. So happy for you for your decision to quit and your reasons. It’s often said to always keep in mind your “Why” and you have clearly stated yours.
Be proud of your sobriety and cherish it.
Lots of help and support here for you. The accountability is very helpful as is the camaraderie and the wealth of information from others just like you.

1 Like

Welcome I’m a newbie myself :upside_down_face: this community was the exact support that I needed! The first couple of days were rough and everytime I came here it made everything tolerable :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::star_struck: I love it :heart: Come everyday you won’t regret it and find it necessary to do so Welcome again Congratulations on 2 days :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like