Day 2 feels better than day 1

Hey guys. Just woke up and feel alot better that its day 2 instead of day 1. Everyone gave me such good advice yesterday. I got the meetings app on my phone so now on my days off I will get myself to a meeting. I think I will get myself a sponser to make it a lil easier on myself. I have always tryed doing this alone and that hasnt worked for me so Im ready to switch things up. Too me the question “Why do you drink?” I have really been thinking about. I have no good answer! Honestly when Im drunk I never wake up saying “That was so fun last night.” Its always regret and shame. Every once in a while I will get lucky and have only a couple beers. But usally its always a bender, and I stay fucked up for days at a time. Which is no fun at all. I need to distance myself from alot of my friends because they to have drinking problems, and it sucks when I put myself in those situations where I want to drink because of the people around me. So Im going to say away for a while. Thanks for everyones advice. I cant wait to see day 3 on here.

12 Likes

Hey Andrea.
Quick question, why wait until your days off. Do you work odd hours or something?
You could probably benifit from doing as many meetings as you can for a bit. Just to get comfortable going and also start to surround yourself with sober people.
It’s all about rebuilding your life, shaping new rituals and relationships.
As they say " if nothing changes, nothing will change ".

2 Likes

Mostly work 4-9pm. But I was thinking this to, I saw some meetings in the morning but my bf and I share a car, so he has the car from 6am to 3pm. Kinda more going on my days off because Id be able to drive there when my bf gets home.

1 Like

I’m so excited for you… you are gonna do so well with your great attitude to recovery. Best thing I ever did was cut drinking and drugging friends out and made new soba friends who want the best for me I know drinking friends ain’t bad people but they can be sure h a bad trigger for us . Good luck xxx

2 Likes