Day 2, keeping busy

What a day! I was so close to drinking again today because i was super bored and sad, but instead i decided to rearange my room and put in a new carpet.
My old carpet still smelled like spilled vodka, rum, and whatever else i could get my hands on before. It looked awful and the stench was driving me mad so i swapped it with a clean one. The old one was a very used white which is now more of a yellowish gray. My new one is a nice dark gray and next im gonna get some new curtains. Im so bored with my bedroom i have got to change it up. Besides it keeps me busy, i spent 3 hours on that little project today and saved however much money cause i wasnt buying and drinking booze. Overall, a good day.

15 Likes

Good for you! Boredom is a big enemy of us alcoholics, so keeping busy helps a lot.

Enjoy your new room and all good changes wich are to come! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Great job on turning around your boredom!!! Congrats on day 2!!

Maybe try a meeting they will help with boredom wish you well

Rearranging my Room was suggested by my therapist as well. There was a desk which I strongly associated with drugs and I threw it all away was old anyway. Of course I cant throw out everything thats associated with addiction theres just too many memories but still throwing out that poece of furniture was more than a symbolic Gesture, now I have more space in that room and feel more free

1 Like

Hi! I’m on day 3 now too. Rearranging/reorganizing does sound like a good way to focus energy. Hope you’re doing well today.

1 Like

Congratulations on day 2. You on the right track… Keeping your self occupied is key & critical in the early stages but also essential as you move along in your recovery.:muscle:
#sobrietyrocks :pray:

1 Like