Day 2 of being sober, no sleep at all last night!

I am about to take the kids to school, running on zero sleep seeing as I cannot remember the last time I didn’t pass out drunk at bedtime. Last night was hard. I just could not drift off, not even after sleepy tea x4 cups and a scorching hot bath. Lrft feeling enotional today, just want to come home pour a drink and go to sleep. But I know I got this, one day at a time.

2 Likes

I dont want to speak for everyone, because I am sure everyone’s situation is unique, but I can attest to the sleepless nights that accompany the first couple of nights of abstinence. (Alongside with nightmares)

I felt like it was my own brain trying to trick me into drinking, knowing that if I would drink, I would sleep comfortably again. That phase will pass, and I have never slept this well in years. It’s worth fighting for. Be sure to eat well and stay extra hydrated, especially if you experience night sweats. Good luck :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thankyou for your response. I lay there with vivid crazy dreams whilst wide awake at the same time aware of my conciousness. I had to turn the aircon on I was so hot. Thanks for the reassurance. Good luck to you too :blush:

1 Like

How are you doing?

I am on day 4 now. Doing alot better. Took Melatonin before bed, which has helped with the sleep (it’s what naturally helps us sleep in the brain, like seratonin makes you happy) I got some from the health food store and really helped. Vivid dreams still there. Have replaced wine with sugar and food though. Lacking an appetite at night besides sugar. Tend to eat more midday. Getting there. Still feel shitty everyday like I used to every morning after drinking. But hoping it will improve!

1 Like

Thankyou! I appreciate your honest words! Day 4. One day at a time!

1 Like

Hang in there. Its worth it when you start to sleep well all night and wake up refreshed.

1 Like