Day 2 off of benzos

Day 2 and maybe a total of 10 hours of sleep. Feeling manic but yet exhausted. Any advice?

4 Likes

Benzo! Are a hard detox I was on them for years I’m 115 days now n can still have bad days. I’ve come of heroine n crack with out any urges yet! But I urge benzo still. Just keep up the hard work it does get less hard!

4 Likes

I would suggest seeing a dr.

I did a detox properly in prestwich

1 Like

I was on benzos for 15 years, that manicness will come and go at will, keeping busy helps immensely. Sometimes when I would start to spiral in an attack or just being so very manic I would look around the room and name 20 things out loud like couch, guitar, tv, your hand whatever is real and around you… It helped me… But in all the first 2 weeks are really tough, rough, and challenging but it gets easier after that and I haven’t taken them for a year now. Don’t niss them at all. Good luck with this you can do anything you put your mind to

4 Likes

Is that Prestwich UK? I gave up crack, heroin and benzos over six months ago and I too only crave the benzos :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

From what I remember it will get worse before it gets better but it will get better and it will be worth it…

IME benzos are a nasty MF to get off…and really hard by yourself…I had to check into a medical detox…504 days clean now and you couldnt feed me one of those damn things if you had a gun to my head

8 Likes

Oh benzos. This is a topic I’m very well familiar with. I sincerely hope you are on a detox taper. I had to do it twice, the first in a psychiatric hospital, the second in an outpatient clinic that the hospital sent me to. This is one hell of a rough battle, and a long one to boot, but going through it will save your life.

1 Like

If you can exercise even a little bit it definitely helps. Good luck

2 Likes

My next step is a metadone reduction that’s also on the same line as benzos this will be my 4th attempt there’s no going back for me I’m done truly done.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I finally took two melatonin and a calcium magnesium supplement and slept for almost 10 hours last night. I also worked out for the first time today in weeks so hopefully I’m on the right path here…

7 Likes

Yeah! UK Chapman Barker did 28 days coming of all 3 but it was the benzo that 4 early crippled me

1 Like

I got sober in jail so I had to quit everything (benzos, meth, and alcohol) all cold Turkey. Today I’ve been sober for 1 year 6 months & 8 days. I’m so grateful to be sober today. The withdrawals were hard. My body would physically crave the benzos. Sometimes my body still gets those physical cravings. It’s very hard to go through. It gets better with time. Good luck to you on your journey to recovery.

1 Like

Thanks I’m still in early recovery 4 monthe 1 week so I’m fighting so hard still but I feel great today!

1 Like