Day 2- staying strong!

Well today is day 2, and I’m starting to feel better. Its wonderful, this sober life! I need to guard my sobriety like I guard my children. Its life or death!

12 Likes

It really is for so many of us here.

Congrats on getting through the first couple of days! Keep adding them up!!

2 Likes

Yes it is! While detoxing, I can feel how dead I was inside. I’m starting to feel like I’m alive again! Thank you for your kind words, we got this!

3 Likes

The journey thru sobriety is constant there’s no destination justyour journey, be mindful of peaking and troughing it can become a danger zone, I wish you an amazing sober weekend with your family🙏 here’s to getting your head on that pillow tonight free.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will get there tonight, my life depends on it. I had a friend once tell me that people usually either kill themselves instantly or over time. I felt that.

2 Likes

I sure will, thank you. I know I’m going to need you guys quite often!

2 Likes

Yippee day 2 insomnia :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah, I just took a Melatonin, it seems to help when I need it and it’s not a sleeping pill

I can’t take them…drug interactions

1 Like

That stinks! Are you able to talk to your doctor and see if there’s anything that they suggest?

I just have to ride it out. Days 2-10, are the worst.

1 Like

Good luck, I wish you well! We can do it!

1 Like

How’s it going for you? I am back at 12hrs :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Felt good and sabotaged myself. Hope you are well.

2 Likes

Me too! Shit is a slippery slope

1 Like

Well Day 2 again. Woke up, walked the dog, some Open Championship and eggs, and then work. Happy Sunday.

1 Like