Day 2 thinking about my blackouts

Okay so its day 2 an I’m really starting to lose it , I’m feeling like crap and my bestfriend wants to go get drinks. This sucks . My issue is that once I get one drink in me I won’t stop drinking even after I blackout and I dont even know when I blackout or what I say n do which is a problem .

3 Likes

Why don’t you ask your friend to do something else, maybe catch a movie together instead? I avoided all situations that involved alcohol for the first 2 months. Stay away from the temptation.

2 Likes

Does she know you want to be healthier?
You wrote “I’m trying to get it right this time”; make it happen!

2 Likes

@Jamie94 Stay away from teptations when you are on begining. Unless you feel strong enough to say NO. A NO with period. And it’s not that easy. Also I know that feeling about drinking until lights are down. Every damn time. Also I hope you gonna check in with your day 3 tomorrow :muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

On my way to a meeting right now , just grabbed a coffee…

4 Likes

Great choice!! You’ll definitely get more out of that meeting than you will a drink. Very proud of you Jamie.

1 Like

Good for you! If she is a good friend, u can catch up another day, in a non-triggering environment.

1 Like

Hey Jamie,

I can totally relate to this. I experience the exact same thing, once I start I can’t stop and black out about 99% of the time. The next day I cringe picking up my phone to see who I text/what I said. I keep analyzing the night trying to remember where everything went dark, what I could’ve done or said during those hours of unknown and the anxiety is unbearable. It took me a long time to realize that it didn’t matter how hard I tried to control it, I never would. I could never be someone that only had a few drinks.

When I told my best friend I was getting sober I was ashamed. I felt like they wouldn’t understand or want to hang out with me as much. But if they truly are your best friend, they will support you through this journey and encourage your sobriety. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you all for the encouragement an understanding . @Danie you hit the hammer on the nail with that.

1 Like