Day 2 will I make it?

Today is day 2 for me and I’m starting all over again. I was sober for almost 4 years. Dealing with some family problems and running into some old friends, I caved and gave into the temptation. What began as a 1 time thing turned into a 3 week binge. I’m on day 2 and feeling absolutely horrible. What’s worse than the detox tho is knowing that I let everyone down. I’m feeling very depressed and angry right now. I need someone to talk to about it.

3 Likes

Oh man Molly, I know it must feel awful but you came here so you are on the right path again~!
Were you in a program before, like AA? If so they would welcome you back with open arms…

2 Likes

YOU CAN DO IT!!

(yes, this is a complete sentence TS…grrr)

2 Likes

Keep your head up Molly. You relapsed, that’s now a part of your past. You have 4 years of experience on being sober. I’d spend a little time figuring our the reasons why you let your guard down and then get back to being sober. Its obvious you’ve learned a valuable lesson, don’t be too hard on yourself, but use this experience to strengthen your resolve to live a sober life. I’ve been right where you’re at. I experienced my relapse and am now using the confirmation of the fact that drinking can not be a part of my life to push me forward. Don’t worry about the days lost, just accept that you don’t drink and just be happy that you are sober today!

2 Likes