Day 24 - skipping a workout

Starting day 24 this morning. I felt like crap all last night. Really bad allergies. Didnt sleep good. I’ve worked out every day for the past 3 weeks, sometimes twice a day. Maybe I just ran down my body. Anyway, in taking it easy today. Going to work from home and not workout. 4 weeks ago, I would have used this day to drink. NOT TODAY. hopefully, the rest will recover my body and I can get back to the workouts tomorrow.

5 Likes

Rest days are just as important as workout days, otherwise you will run your body into the ground and throw what could have been gains away. Hope ya feel better man.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with @Dan531, I’ve been doing the same as you kind of lately. If I’m really feeling I need to have a workout, I’ll just do a quick mile jog and then walk the rest of the way to 30 minutes. I started hitting my dumbbells and was gonna do the full workout, but my body was like hell to the no it wasn’t even gonna let me if I tried lol.

2 Likes

Maybe some stretching, I don’t do that enough myself.

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah you need a rest!! Recovery is equally as important. Some great ideas for recovery …restorative yoga session on YouTube, a stretching session, or a walk.

1 Like

Story of my life…and it is really the BEST thing for my body at this stage in life. Tho yin yoga is actually the perfect stretch for me…I need to do more of it. Am still working into my new normal.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely I agree, I deff stretch after my work outs. I won’t before tho bc it loosens everything up, I like to be tense during a work out

2 Likes