Day 26 Talk

“You don’t try to build a wall. You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say ‘I’m gonna lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid,’ and you do that every single day, and soon you have a wall.” - Will Smith

" Take it a day at a time! " I heard that so many times, but im starting to understand what it means. I have to love myself now, not in a month or 90 days or a Year of sobriety. I gotta love MYSELF so I can fix my problem, not fix my problem so I can love myself. You can be happy NOW even if its day 0. And i finally understand that. It took me 12 years!! can you imagine?
So one thing that helped me love myself is talking to a friend, it wasnt easy, talking to someone about our addiction is Terrifying, I mean can I trust that person with this info, are they gonna judge me, laugh at me or worse make it public. There is no way to know for sure. But when you talk about your addiction it slowly looses its grip it has on you, and over time you start having a grip on IT. Dont be afraid that someone will know your secret, forget about your reputation, the most important thing is to get sober. We gotta use all the tools we have at our disposal.
I have to say, Ive been on this app for almost 4 years now and I never had the courage to post anything, I whish i would’ve done it sooner.

So lay one brick today, talk.

3 Likes

Welcome CJay!!! I am glad you posted. I am nearly forty and still learning to like myself. Sobriety has been helping with that :blush: My secrets kept me drunk and buried in shame, and today, I too see the light. I wish you the very best on your journey!!!

1 Like