Day 3 Jitters with the "in laws"

Ugh…my in laws are in town. They just popped open a big bottle of wine and I cooked ribeyes for every one. Steak and and wine…I think I got passed the hardest part…well, except for the drunk annoying in laws.

2 Likes

Hang in there @Bkeim2, enjoy the ribeye and just knowing you will wake up sober and feeling well. As for the family, that’s a different thing to handle.

1 Like

Family can be rough for sure. Take a walk if you can, change of perspective can help.

1 Like

Oh, dude, I so feel your pain. Enjoy the steaks.

Shortly after I quit booze, we went to my in-laws home, where the general thing was for everyone to sit around and talk and get smashed out of boredom. First time I did that sober was painful.

My own parents aren’t a whole lot better, but they seem to at least try and moderate their drinking when they’re here in my home. On the other side of that, they stay at a nearby hotel. About 8pm every evening they go back to their hotel, and I’m sure the vino flows freely after that.

It sucks, and there’s not much to be done except hold your own sobriety closer to you.