Day 3 on the merry go round

Today is day 3. Someone mentioned remembering how good i felt being sober. I believe that feeling came at day 4 and lasted the whole time i was drink free. Being sober feels different this time around though. I kinda feel like i could take it or leave it. It’s like as the days go in I convince myself that a drink or 15 is ok. I guess that’s mind trickery.

That’s the addict lie your feeling… that you could take it or leave it … why did you choose to give up? How shit does waking up feel after you have been drinking? Give yourself more time and get into recovery the blessings of being clean and soba are never ending…

4 Likes

That’s the thing. A drink or 15 like I use to do is not drinking or having fun. Just don’t drink today. Forget about yesterday. The hell with tomorrow!! One job. Just Don’t drink today.
And yes that addict devil lie can be very strong. Just for today tell it to fuck off!! Get out. change your surroundings. Meditate. Pray. Workout. Power walk.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

I gave up because i dont like the anxiety that comes with late nights and wasted days. Laying around hungover all day is a waste of life and I personally hate it. Not to mention I’m a bit intense on the sauce. No violence, no crime, but intense.

1 Like

Giod idea. Thats how i did it before i think

All them feelings and emotions are what’s gonna happen if you start drinking again x

2 Likes

Good job of getting to day 3. I can relate in a way to how you feel. My day 3 is almost completed, still ‘waiting’ for the feeling good to kick in. Feeling uncomfortable and foggy all day and kind of anxious as soon as the afternoon hits and the possibility for drinking becomes tempting.
As soon as I think of drinking or get tempted I drop what I am doing and get a glass of fancy soda and kick myself outside (must say it might not be the best strategy in The Netherlands). Anyway… I wanted to let you know I am thinking the same right now, but we can do this!