Day 30 Cleaning 🧹 Choosing to choose

Today is day thirty for me. The last time I was sober for 30 days, on the thirth day I drank. I was just trying to cut back and I think show myself I could do it.

Over a year later and after quite a lot happening in my life I realized that I can no longer just cut back. This past month has been hard, very emotional and a lot of anger and resentment. I had started reading a book last year- multiple actually all at the same time.

“Choose the life you want” The mindful way to happiness. By Tal Ben-Shahar. Short chapters on to the point topics. Chapter one- Just Live your Life or Choose to Choose?

Choosing to choose means searching for the paths that lead to change- Tal Ben-Shahar

Choice is creation.
To choose is to create.
Through my choices I create my reality.

At every moment in my life I have a choice.
Moments add up to a lifetime; choices add up to a life.

What kind of life do I want for myself?
What choices will create this kind of life?
Tal Ben-Shahar

So today my sister came to help me clean my house. I have been working six days a well the past two month, I’ve been neglecting my house, kids, husband myself.

I’ve only been able to keep from drinking, working and coming home to be depressed, tired and happy all at the same time.

I am happy that I have made the choice to choose being sober and being a better me. I am taking some vitamins that others on here have adviced to help with depression.

I feel like now that my house is cleaned up that my head is in a better place and that I can start focusing on working on myself. So my other book I am just picking up is My Pocket Mantra by Tanaaz Chubb. The mantra I have kept in my head for over a year now is:

“ I am ready for change in my life that is for my highest good.”

I think it is finally manifesting but it’s going to take a lot of work. I am ready to be happy and healthy. I am ready to be positive, I am ready to think before I speak and speak calmly.

Thanks for listening. Check out those books if you are looking for a short read in the morning before work, something to ponder.

9 Likes

Absofuckinglutely.

Someone posted this and I loved it, it made so much sense.

We get to choose the life we live, and I like the life I have created and continue to create in my sobriety, think I’ll keep on choosing the road less travelled.

5 Likes

Alcoholics and addicts will never be able to moderate. That’s what separates us from those who do not have addictive personalities. Complete abstinence of all alcohol and drugs is the only way we will be able to recover. It’s wonderful that you’ve come to this realization on your own because the alcoholic/addict part of our brain will never believe someone else telling us we have a problem. It’ll always rationalize what we’re doing or point out problems with others just to get the spotlight off of us.

3 Likes