Day 33 From Meth I Feel Overwhelmed But Hopeful

I’m day 33 sober from being an IV meth amphetamine addict. It was so hard in the beginning it still is but for different reasons. At first I felt so sick, extremely tired, hopeless, and depressed. I’m glad to report that has improved. I am back on my meds, going to meetings, and working the apps. I feel overwhelmed with all the newly learned knowledge swirling around in my head. One other thing I feel however is something I haven’t felt in a long time and that is hopeful. I’m so grateful for meetings and my peers for getting me to this place. Anyone out there who is an IV addict and think like I did that it’s impossible to get to a better place. It’s possible to get past that place. You just have to hold on use your tool’s, go to meetings, talk to sponsors. It does get better though. I never thought I’d get through that but I did. I’m determined to make it work. I attend meetings daily. Keep a daily journal and use apps to give me guidance and the tools I need. It’s hard dealing with cravings and cutting off old relationships. That’s a small price to pay for hope.

6 Likes

Proud of you, inspiring post. You’ve got the right attitude, keep working/you’re on a good path.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful thing isn’t it?

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your clean time. It sounds like you are very willing to put in all the hard work it will take to keep you clean, that is very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing your story, I hope you stick around.

:pray::blush::pray: