Day 4 no more liquor forever and counting

Day 4 and counting no liquor. Any advice on how to keep going?

10 Likes

Focus on not drinking today. Repeat tomorrow. Don’t worry about forever. Be here, now. :heart:

And welcome!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the support!

Don’t give in to that very strong urge; picture you going to bed sober. :grin:

3 Likes

Definitely one day at time. Sometimes one minute at a time. Cravings will pass
Just hold on tight, read a lot around here, post if you are craving and wait for a response before making and choices and learn you’re triggers. You can do this​:muscle::heart:

2 Likes

A don’t know much but counting days fucked me up a got to 8 months last time and thought a was allowed a little present then that was me for a year! Best feeling a got was in mornings knowing a made other day

1 Like

Welcome! I’m going on day 20, 1st time in decades! For me, NO alcohol in the home, you will drink it even if you tell yourself you won’t. I need to keep busy, anxious and boredom are triggers for me, but like @Miranda said Cravings will pass. I treat myself often, mainly food or snacks, helps with sugar cravings. Every hour you’re sober is a milestone. You came to the right place, you CAN do this.

3 Likes

Good day 5 by now, Ron. I’m right behind you day 4. Love the positivity here. More helpful than I expected. When people understand the struggle they do all they can to help. Keep checking in :pray:t3::muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Great job on day 4 ! One day at a time , I’m hanging in behind you at day 2 ! :raised_hands: you’ve got this

3 Likes

We can do this! Thank you so much

3 Likes

Keep strong, I did 30 days and fell off :frowning: back upto 7 days now, just need to remember it only takes one and that’s all you need to stay away from. Just the one. Do it for all the great blessings around u.

3 Likes

I’m on day 2, wanting so badly to make this last. I keep coming here for the support and it does truly help!!!

6 Likes

If you type in “sobriety” on youtube you’ll find lots of stuff to keep you occupied. :blush:

2 Likes

Stay strong we are in this together :heart:

2 Likes

Super proud of you, keep pushing forward one day at a time.

2 Likes