Day 5 I am glad I was sober tonight

today is the end of day five of being sober. this time it has been even more eye opening of why I need to be and stay sober. I have tried in the past but it has not stuck.

this afternoon I got a call from my kids daycare one of them had a fever, so I pick her up take her home and give her ibprhin like I have done so many times before. I am glad I was sober so I could drive, sober win right there. then hours go by and she gets worse her fever gets worse. my husband is home at this point and she is just looking bad. so I call her Dr, they tell me to take her to the ER. now if I was drinking I could of not done that. I could have not gone with her to the ER and been there for her. being sober I could take her and be with my 2 year old as we drive to the ER.

We are lucky is was nothing just a viral infection causing the high fever.

I am not a religious person but in the ER holding my child I thanked God I was sober and giving me the chance to be sober so I could be there for my child. I am feeling very blessed to be sober for my family and given that chance. On Monday I start my outpatient rehab. I know I made the right choice and I am moving in the right direction tonight made that clear.

17 Likes

So glad that worked out for you. Wonderful that your daughter was alright,and sure she was comforted that her mother was there. That was a big win right there. Whatever your beliefs,keep on with it. That was not just coincidence. Have a great day.

1 Like

I am so glad your daughter is okay and you are sober. What a teaching moment that was. Keep at it. You should be proud of yourself. Best of luck with rehab!!

2 Likes

That’s more motivation and inspiration right there! I’m glad your daughter is okay and you did an excellent job being there for her! Keep up the great work!!

1 Like