Day 5 No drinks

First time I’ve really been serious about getting sober. I’ve always been a drinker. But since my mom passed 2 years ago it rapidly became a problem. Finally had enough of my own shit. Keeping occupied is tough. There are no meetings available near me so I’m hoping I can get some support. Stay strong yall🖤

31 Likes

Thankyou :pray:t5:! I can’t believe it’s been 5 days…

1 Like

Welcome Janellie. 5 days is great :pray:

1 Like

I’m happy I found this app…:cry:

2 Likes

Welcome and Congrats on 5 Days @Janellie :muscle:

You made the right decision! The first step is the hardest. For me, the 1st week was the toughest. I learned a lot on here and the most important is, it’s one day at a time!

This is a great place to find support.

Blessings

1 Like

Thanks @Nick247. For the first time ever I’m really sick of my own shit.

1 Like

Hi! Im day 6 here. I did have the benefit of being being in the hospital for pancreatitis and they treated my withdrawals so that made it easier. Right now I’m with my partner whose keeping an eye on me. You got this!

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re home doing okay. Almost 6pm and I’m feeling pretty decent *knockwood

1 Like

24 hour marathon AA meeting on zoom if it’s any help to ya.

1 Like

Nice. I’d love the link!
Wait is that it?!

1 Like

it’s the zoom code, no password needed, it’s all round the world so some moments are better than others but check it out you might find it useful. :+1:

2 Likes

also might like this app.

1 Like

Welcome have you tried zoom meeting? They are all over I do 4 to 5 a week and don’t even have to leave the house!

2 Likes

congratulations on Day 5 of no drinking that is awesome i also had the same feeling when i had 1 year and some change sober i was fed up with my behavior i relapsed thankfully not hard or to the point of no return iam thankfully 21 day sober thanks to my higher power i agree keeping occupied is tough as days go by the more mental clarity we recieve from being sober i feel contributes to endless hobbys its amazing what sobriety can do mayb you use to read books ? do puzzles ? go for walks and all that will come from within in time keep rocking it out here !!

2 Likes

Welcome Janellie! I am in the same situation as you. Day 14 of no alcohol. There are no meetings where I am either, so I just hop on here and read or reach out whenever shit gets hard! It really is helpful!! Get on here and reach out whenever you need to! There is always someone who has way more knowledge and experience than we do . Congratulations on your decision to sober up! So many good things to come in the future!!

2 Likes

No I haven’t. But in definitely interested. Any type of support is needed!

12 hrs here, im excited to get to where you are. Good job!

2 Likes

Hi Bigstinky! Welcome :hugs: congratulations on the 12 hours! Keep it up! I can’t describe how amazing the next couple of days will feel once your body works it’s way through detox!! Keep checking back in! Let us know how you are doing!!

3 Likes

Welcome Janelli and also welcome bigstinky!

Hi @Janellie and @Bigstinky! It’s lovely to meet you both, I’m so glad you found us! Let’s keep on keeping on together :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like