Day 6 came and went

Day 6 came and went. I felt the urge to drink today. Its that little voice saying “its ok buddy have a drink. Its been 6 days you’ve earned it” This is normally when I start the drink. I always feel so good with no booze in my body and I feel like I can have a drink and it will be ok. Having that 1 drink always leads to about 9 more and then I wake up with a brutal case of hangxiety. I constantly have to tell myself that I CANNOT have a drink. Thanks for listening.

8 Likes

Great work friend. That little voice is lying to you, well done for catching it out and choosing sober. :blush::+1:

1 Like

Your drinking sounds very much like how I used to be … have you tried going to aa? It really does help to be around soba people or people with the same struggling as you . X

1 Like

The anxiety after drinking felt like a huge dumbbell on my stomach every morning- sounds like you know what that feels like. Strong motivation to not pick up the bottle again. Good luck with everything!!

1 Like

I have not tried aa. I’m not a fan of that particular group.

1 Like

Have a look in to NA or smart recovery then pal, you can do them both online. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Why do i have to look into any of that? Is this something so strong people HAVE to go to other people and sit in a room and listen to old war stories? Or is it possible for someone to have some self discipline and actually quit?

1 Like

Self discipline is super important either way. It’s just good to have a support group. If you tumble upon the group that is right for you, it makest hings easier; and this struggle is often really hard, even for strong people. It may or may not be right for you in particular, but it is definitely not a sign of weakness.

You don’t have to do anything

People who have been where you are are just giving suggestions that have worked for them, most of us find that after sheer willpower and white knuckling runs out then support is needed to go long term with this, there are loads of different types of support including this forum, but of course you don’t have to do any of these things. It’s just advice and encouragement. Good luck :blush:

1 Like

If you feel you can quit alone that’s great but to play on the notion of STRONG people going to meetings in what reads as sarcasm to be honest is not really cool mate. Whatever anyone needs to help them and making sure they get it is strong to me.

My feelings have nothing to do with the people. I dont care if their weak, strong, stupid, or completely useless. I hate the actual program.

Well let’s hope you can do this yourself and don’t need it then

2 Likes

Yes let’s hope so

1 Like

Well maybe some alternatives like SMART Recovery would better. The message of the AA doesn’t work for me but I appreciate it’s helped many many people

1 Like

I agree and am happy its helped so many. It just doesnt work for me. Honestly the way ive been going about it works for me. I feel great

1 Like

It’s okay to not be into AA or interested in their program. It isn’t for everyone and isn’t the only way to get and stay sober. For so long AA was the only option, now there are many other resources we can utilize. Do what works for you.

1 Like