Day 6 here we come

Day 6 today… Havent got this far for about 2years so im pleased. Doctors still telling me not to stop fully but i think im out of the withdrawals danger zone and my withdrawals was only sweating a bit more than usual

My anxiety is still through the roof! The reason i drank was my anxiety and id only ever drink early morning n maybe 1 in the evening but most of my drinking was done in morn to help calm my nerves

Now i dont know how to calm them without alcohol. . I guess its just time that makes it get better

Morning all

Glad to hear you’re moving forward :innocent:

It’s more than time: you actually have to learn new ways to “ride the wave” of your emotions and thoughts. There’s different ways of learning how to live that healthy life. Do you have a group or something? A space you can learn? What are you planning to do to learn how to handle your anxiety in a healthy way?

1 Like

Just finished an AA meeting

1 Like

That’s awesome, keep it up! :raised_hands:t2:

Congratulations on your 6 days :slightly_smiling_face:
Chamomile tea really helps my anxiety and I have some really sad life situation that’s ongoing and so emotionally painfull and it does help.

If I’m running around rushing or seriously stressed then I dont expect it to do much, but if I am being calm and helping myelf relax it works then really well.
Sometimes I make pots of chamomile tea and drink throughout the day if I’m having bad anxiety and it helps most of the time. If I’m already in a state and panicking it will take a good few cups to help.
But now I really enjoy it and look forward to a pot everynight.
Hope your anxiety subsides and you feel better soon.

My anxiety got better in sobriety. Took awhile. I still have some anxiety, but it’s not as bad and I don’t have to drink over it