Day 6 - let's spread the new life :)

My next steps is helping myself to get my life back, but if I can help another person everyday to stay the distance, to me that is just as important

Life is about giving and by God I’ve given a lot to Tony, James, Mary, Paul, etc in the local bars.

I’m so into this new sober way of life, but I want to help others to stay on the wagon.

It’s a beautiful life when you can give back.

2 Likes

If you go to meetings you can help others stay sober well done wish you well

3 Likes

Was at one this morning Ray. There was only a few folk but it was a very good meeting.

3 Likes

Well done Stephen

2 Likes

I found helping others in my recovery really helped others and myself it’s a win win but remember to put you first especially so early on your doing great by the way

1 Like

Thank you Lilemm. When I arrived here on Saturday last week I read and read, took notes on fantastic tips, and vowed to myself, when I go to bed and wake up, that drink is no longer. I know I’m in Very Early Days, hence I’d love to help others as I know that will also help me. As you said, it’s a win win for everyone.

Drink is only the devil’s friend

1 Like

Great attitude I hope you flourish in your recovery

1 Like

Thanks Conor, yip, if you can’t help yourself then you can’t help others. I’d be struggling just now if it wasn’t for here on this App. One day at a time is my rule, but if I can say something or write something and help others, all the better.

2 Likes