Day 6 - let's spread the new life :)

My next steps is helping myself to get my life back, but if I can help another person everyday to stay the distance, to me that is just as important

Life is about giving and by God I’ve given a lot to Tony, James, Mary, Paul, etc in the local bars.

I’m so into this new sober way of life, but I want to help others to stay on the wagon.

It’s a beautiful life when you can give back.

4 Likes

If you go to meetings you can help others stay sober well done wish you well

3 Likes

Was at one this morning Ray. There was only a few folk but it was a very good meeting.

3 Likes

Well done Stephen

2 Likes

I found helping others in my recovery really helped others and myself it’s a win win but remember to put you first especially so early on your doing great by the way

1 Like

Thank you Lilemm. When I arrived here on Saturday last week I read and read, took notes on fantastic tips, and vowed to myself, when I go to bed and wake up, that drink is no longer. I know I’m in Very Early Days, hence I’d love to help others as I know that will also help me. As you said, it’s a win win for everyone.

Drink is only the devil’s friend

1 Like

Great attitude I hope you flourish in your recovery

1 Like

Stick to the meeting in time you will be able to help so many people I’m not sure if all meetings are the same but at my meetings you can sit at the top table and share your experience after 3 months and after 6 months you can be secretary of the meeting, you can also get yourself a sponsor and start your steps after that you can do the same , there is also so many people here you can help too

But first things first you have to get yourself right with everything and that takes a lot of serious work because if your not alright then you will not be any good to help other remember your just starting but well done on 6 days :+1::muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks Conor, yip, if you can’t help yourself then you can’t help others. I’d be struggling just now if it wasn’t for here on this App. One day at a time is my rule, but if I can say something or write something and help others, all the better.

2 Likes

Good for you :+1:

1 Like