Day 6: Trouble Sleeping

Hey guys. Going on day 6 without a drink. It’s been really hard, I’ve had to spend time with family and friends to make sure I didn’t reset. This is my first night alone and I’m a little anxious.

Biggest trouble I’ve had is getting to sleep. I’m not getting even remotely tired before 4am most nights and then end up sleeping until noon or so.

Any advice to unwind and relax at the end of the day? My mind tends to wander towards drinking and anxiety in the nights.

Thanks guys. This is as an awesome community. :heart:

4 Likes

Find late night AA meetings in your area. Get plenty of exercise early in the day.

1 Like

Tea tea tea tea tea. http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/tea-that-helps-you-sleep-looking-beyond-chamomile/ heres a link with some good info. I got addicted to tea when i quit drinking, and still am and proud of it :smiley: Also, dont worry about sleeping in late for a few days or even a few weeks, thats your body naturally trying to heal itself a little more every day. Right now it feels like you will never get good sleep again, i know the feeling, it made me a little crazy for a while, but it WILL PASS. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m finding it hard to sleep too…more waking early though. Like I’m wide awake at 4am. Getting a good hard work out in the gym after work has really helped me feel tired though in the evenings and by about 10pm my brain is ready for bed. Tea as well helps me unwind before bed…and I go to my room about an hour before bed and have candles lit instead of turning on the main light…I find it helps my brain start to shut down and get ready for sleep.

4 Likes

Somebody pass me the candles and tea because it’s 1.40am and I’m wide awake!

5 Likes